About the Venue
“El Chorro was originally built as the Judson School for Girls by Dr. John C. Lincoln in 1934 so his daughter Lillian could attend school while he was building Camelback Inn. The schoolhouse and surrounding 22 acres were purchased by Jan and Mark Gruber in 1937 when the girls school combined with the Judson School. The original schoolhouse was converted to a restaurant and lodge. During the 50’s, well-known icons like Milton Berle and Clark Gable frequented this Paradise Valley favorite as a hideaway from Hollywood.
Purchased by longtime employees Joe and Evie Miller in 1973, El Chorro’s rustic, familiar charm was expanded upon, allowing the Lodge to hold more guests and stay open year-round.
Noted Valley philanthropist and long-time Paradise Valley resident, Jacquie Dorrance acquired El Chorro in 2009 and was joined by operating partners Kristy and Tim Moore. Under this new leadership, El Chorro has maintained a welcoming atmosphere for young and old alike, becoming a comfortable place for memories to be made and rituals to be honored.”
Click here to learn more!